Buying a Home
Buying a home is an exciting and complex adventure. In order to end up with the home of your dreams in today's market, you must be aware of the new 'RULES" of the home buying process. Higher prices and tighter inventory than a year ago make you pay attention to the new 'RULES" if you want to beat the competition. Following are some aspects to focus on in this strong seller's market to successfully compete with other buyers in the same marketplace.
* Be prepared to take some time to find the home you want to buy because of the low house inventory and strong buyer demand.
* If you need a loan to buy your home, you must get yourself pre-approved by a lender. Most sellers in today's market will not take a buyer seriously without a pre-approval letter from a lender. Do some comparative shopping with a bank, credit union, or mortgage broker to get the best loan package and be prepared.
* In this market, there are no bargains. Do not lowball. If you are making an offer on a home that is listed at fair market value, have clearly in your head the idea that you will most likely need to pay full list price. The neighborhood you are buying in and the length of time the house has been on the market will impact whether you have room to negotiate.
* There are contingencies in every offer - certain things need to happen before the buyer goes through with the deal, such as inspections, appraisal required by the lender. Contingencies protect the buyer and some necessary. Write only the important contingencies in your offer.
* Move quickly. In this seller's market, you must be prepared to act quickly. Most sellers put their house on the market and expect to review offers within a few days. Be prepared and ready to move forward with your offer.
Among my strengths in representing buyers in the Palisades and surrounding neighborhoods are my extensive knowledge of market conditions and neighborhood values, my strong negotiating skills and full knowledge of contracts we use in all transactions. Your interests throughout the buying process are at the forefront of what I do. I will walk you through the entire buying process and explain details and answer any questions you may have along the way.
If you're like most people, buying a home is the biggest decision you will ever make. So whether you're buying a starter home, your dream home or an investment property, take advantage of my experience as a local market expert for Pacific Palisades and surrounding neighborhoods to make the most informed decisions you can, every step of the way.